This nutty and textured bread can be served for Thanksgiving dinner or used for stuffing or dressing. The loaf is gluten-free and grain-free and filled with herb flavor from rosemary and sage. It’s free of empty-calorie starches, and it’s dense and full of nutrition including protein.
|Almond Flour Herb Bread|| |
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda (gluten-free, if necessary)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, crumbled in your hand or 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tablespoon dried sage or 1 tablespoon rubbed fresh sage leaves (rub between your hands to crumble)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Oil a loaf pan.
- Place the eggs in a large bowl or bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment. Beat with electric or hand mixer until thick and foamy around the edges, 2 to 3 minutes. Add oil and beat to combine.
- In a separate medium bowl stir together remaining ingredients until well-combined.
- Add dry ingredients to egg-oil mixture and beat just until combined.
- Place dough in loaf pan and spread evenly, smoothing the top. Bake 30 minutes or until firm, browned on top, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Simply Sugar & Gluten-Free Slightly Indulgent Tuesday
- Tessa The Domestic Diva Allergy Free Wednesday
- Poor and Gluten Free Waste Not Want Not Wednesday