|Avocado Mayonnaise|| |
Author: Eileen Beran
- 1 avocado, washed, halved and seed removed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 cup light-tasting olive oil
- Scoop avocado out of peels and place in a wide-mouthed quart jar. Add lemon juice, salt, and oil.
- Place immersion blender in jar and process until thickened and completely emulsified.
- Transfer mayonnaise to serving container. Serve as soon as possible after making.
- Store leftover mayonnaise in covered container and refrigerate. The lemon juice slows oxidation of the avocado, but the mayonnaise can begin to turn brown after 1/2 to 1 day.
Serving size: 1 1/2 tablespoons. Calories: 95 Fat: 10g; Saturated fat: 1.5g; Carbohydrates: 2g; Sugar: 0g; Sodium: 76mg; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 1g; Cholesterol: 0mg.