Homemade coconut milk is fairly easy to make, and it’s a good way to use up extra coconut. Also, it doesn’t contain additives, as does the type that comes in a carton.
The consistency of this milk is somewhere between the beverage that comes in a carton and the thicker milk that comes in a can.
|Homemade Coconut Milk|| |
- 2 cups finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 4 cups scalding (not boiling) water
- Place the coconut in blender. Pour the scalding water over the coconut.
- Remove center cap and cover opening with a towel. Blend 2 minutes on the highest setting.
- Pour through a strainer lined with cheesecloth, pressing out as much liquid as possible, or use a nut milk bag.
- Store covered in the refrigerator. Use within 3 days.