This winter pesto recipe uses spinach and has no nuts or Parmesan cheese. Make a big batch and freeze in small containers or an ice cube tray. Use it in pesto-olive spaghetti sauce, in soups or stews, or to toss with spaghetti squash or zucchini noodles.
|Simple Spinach Pesto|| |
- 4 cups slightly packed spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade, place, in this order, spinach leaves, olive oil, garlic, and salt.
- Process until all ingredients are uniformly chopped and incorporated, scraping down the sides of the work bowl two or three times.
- Refrigerate and use within a day or two, or freeze; 1- to 2-tablespoon portions can be frozen in an ice cube tray.