Some of the best casual meals, especially burgers, are nicely rounded out with a side of roasted potatoes, and the quicker and easier the better. With this recipe, rather than turning over or stirring the potatoes during roasting, in last few minutes you finish browning the topsides under the broiler.
Use young red potatoes, or try some of the interesting gourmet varieties like Yukon Gold fingerlings.
|Easy Oven-Roasted Potatoes|| |
- 2 pounds potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary, crumbled in your hand (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Scrub potatoes and leave unpeeled, or peel as necessary. Cut potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes. Place cubes in a bowl and add oil, salt, and optional rosemary. Toss to coat. Spread potato cubes in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Use two baking sheets if necessary.
- Bake 25 to 35 minutes or until edges of potatoes are golden brown. Midway and then toward the end of the baking time, spot-check the bottoms of the potatoes to make sure they’re not getting too brown.
- When the bottoms are browning and becoming crispy, place the pan under your broiler 2 to 4 minutes, or until tops are browned.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator to eat reheated or cold.
- Simply Sugar & Gluten-Free Slightly Indulgent Tuesday
- The Gluten-Free Homemaker Gluten-Free Wednesdays
- Wheat-Free Fare Wheat-Free Wednesday Blog Hop Party
I was featured!!