Snickerdoodles are a great go-to cookie. They’re delicious, simple to make, freeze well, and all in all, they make a great snack. This slightly chewy gluten-free recipe is higher in fat than wheat flour versions because of naturally higher fat almond flour. It’s also lower in carbohydrate and higher in protein.
|Eileen’s Almond Flour Snickerdoodles||
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick), softened
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot powder
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. For easy cleanup, place parchment paper on baking sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and 1/3 cup sugar. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, arrowroot powder, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons white sugar and cinnamon.
- Form dough into level tablespoon-sized balls. Roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place on baking sheets 2 inches apart and flatten with fingertips.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set and just beginning to brown slightly around the edges. Remove from baking sheets to cooling rack. Store in airtight container. Freeze if desired.