Spiced nuts make a scrumptious sweet-spicy snack or a wonderful addition to a salad. They keep well, so they’re great as holiday gifts.
Use pecans, walnuts, or a mix.
|Spiced Nuts|| |
Recipe type: Snack
Author: Eileen Beran
Serves: 5 cups
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 4 teaspoons oil (light-tasting olive oil or walnut oil)
- 1 pound nuts (about 5 cups; pecan and/or walnut halves, or your favorite mix)
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix coconut sugar, spices, and salt. Whisk in egg white and oil. Add nuts and toss until evenly coated. Spread nuts on baking sheet.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes, then loosen and break up. Let cool completely on baking sheet. Store in airtight container up to 2 weeks.
Serving size: 1/4 cup; Calories: 186; Fat: 16g; Saturated fat: 1g; Carbohydrates: 10g; Sugar: 7g; Sodium: 449mg; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 4g; Cholesterol: 0mg.